1. Adam, it took Man nearly 137 years to learn physical sex had anything to do with a woman’s impregnation. As the human race generated from Adam, we see the next generation learning from their mother and father: Cain learning to tend the land by farming it, and his brother Able learning to tend sheep. Cain also learned to kill from his mother. The outcome of this new knowledge resulted in Cain murdering Able with an indifference to the act.
2. Several generations later, Lamech is seen with an understanding concerning murder. He understood the murder of another human would lead to his own hurt. Man was no longer indifferent to murder.
3. It took Adam 137 years to finally realize or learn that a woman’s childbearing was actually the result of their sex act. Yet, people of New Guinea did not have this information by the 17th Century A.D.
4. Noah came a long way from Lamech in knowledge. He was a preacher of the truth about God and had learned to build a super ship, large enough to house many animals. Logistically, Noah had to be an expert to calculate the food and water stores necessary for all the animals. They had to survive on board for one year. We also know that Noah taught his three sons the art of ship building.
5. Abraham gives us insight to Man’s spiritual knowledge beginning to take root. He questions the religious values of his own father and decides to leave Babylon in search of a city where God exists. He has mastered herding animals and warfare; not to mention resisting the evils of living in cities.
6. Moses is born into the land of Egypt and its great information base housed at Alexandria on the Mediterranean Sea. This vast library of books disappeared around Cleopatra’s time when Rome conquered Egypt. Moses was taught the arts of warfare, engineering, architecture, law and herding. Mankind had developed intellectually by 1500 B.C., when murder took another tum. Moses kills an Egyptian (Exodus 2:11) man for treating a Hebrew slave poorly. Then we see evidence that Moses feared reprisals due to Egyptian law: showing us that law had taken root in human societies by 1500 B.C.
7. By the time we reach the age of Jesus, Anno Domino, more than 1500 years later, His intelligence level is superior to all those who came before Him. His spiritual knowledge is far superior to that of Abraham and Moses.
8. “Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me.” (Matthew 11 :29)
9. “And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature” (Luke 2:52)
10. “Whosoever therefore shall break the least commandment, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:19)
11. “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations” (Matthew 28:19)
12. “Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.” (1 Corinthians 14:19)
13. “A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behavior, given to hospitality, apt to teach” (1 Timothy 3:2)
14. “But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.” (1 Timothy 2:12)
15. “The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.” (Titus 2:3-5)
16. “But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises. For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.” (Hebrews 8:6-11)
17. “Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth. Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life. These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.” (1 John 2:18-27)
18. “And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass; I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first. Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto everyone of you according to your works. But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden. But that which ye have already hold fast till I come. And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. And I will give him the morning star. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.” (Revelation 2:18-29)